URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Book publishing: Your Government in Action: July 2010

A few days ago I published a Pamphlet to Kindle, called Your Government in Action, July 2010.

In it, I took all the schedules from President Obama, VP Biden, and SoS Clinton and sorted them by date. Obama and Biden's schedules only started around July 15 or 16 or so.

I charge 99 cents for the pamphlet, and have sold no copies.



But I am not despairing, for I have a plan.

A pseudonym I have used for many years is Caroline Miniscule. My intent is to turn that into a brand. Specifically, Miniscule Guides.

This pamphlet, which I call Your Goverment in Action, will come out each month. (Well, I'll do it for three or four months at the most. If after four months no one is buying it, I'll stop.) The more of these I have on offer, the more confident I am that people will see them, and those who have an interest in politics will buy them.

(The schedules are from official government websites, and thus are public domain. When I published them, I chose the public domain option, which means I'll only get 30% royalites instead of 70%. And that's why I'm only charging 99 cents for them, also.

So, we'll see if this plan works.

No comments:

Post a Comment