URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Friday, March 18, 2011

Whose Body A Success!

My annotated version of the Dorothy Sayers book Whose Body? (which is in the public domain) has sold better than any other work I've published.

Through 18 days in March, it's sold 19 copies.

In a sense...no big deal.

The price is 99 cents, all I thought I could ask considering that there are 6 other Kindle versions of the book, all at 99 cents. Even though I was providing annotations of practically every paragraph, a substantial amount of work in itself, and I had toyed with at least giving myself an extra 25 cents, I didn't.

So if I sell one copy of Whose Body? a day for a year, that will be 365 copies. My royalty per copy is 33% - 35 cents. So I'll make $127.75 a year.

Not a lot of money.

But I'm looking at quantity. I'll shortly be publishing other annotated books, and charging just 99 cents for those as well. Eventually I'll have enough so that, in the aggregate, I'll earn a resasonable sum of money each year.

And the annotation process also teaches me stuff I can use in my blogging empire, so there's no wasted effort.

So yes, I have to say that Whose Body is a success.

_______________
Subscribe to our other blogs on Kindle:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment