URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a puzzlement

edited...


Whose Body, the Annotated Edition
About a week ago, I had uploaded Dorothy Sayers book Whose Body, the Annotated Edition, for which I charge only 99 cents. This book is in the public domain, and there are already 5 99-cent books available. Mine of course is annotated.

I'd thought about charging $1.99, because I put a lot of work into those annotations, but had then decided that I couldn't charge that much. The book is perfectly understandable even if you don't know the subtle nuances that my annotations reveal...so I figured the only way to ensure sales was to charge what everyone else was charging.

And, of course, I haven't gotten the results I hoped for. I seem to sell one book a day - that's 33 cents. Well, if I keep selling one book a day I'll be happy, but of course you never know! I've got three or four pamphlets published for several months, that haven't sold anything!

Anyway, the book looks very professional, because I did convert it from text to an html file using Mobipocket creator (which you can download for free.)

So now, I've got paragraph indentations, whereas before, I just had double-space gaps in between each paragraph. So it looks a lot nicer.

Of course I still can't figure out how to get photos to show up in Mobipocket, but I'll be persevering with that. And as for a linked table of contents! Ha!


_______________
Subscribe to our other blogs on Kindle:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment