URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

System "latency" - or just an Incompetent Software Design?

Yesterday my Rush Limbaugh Report blog jumped up by 300 subscriptons - all in the paid column, without benefit of an intervening "trial subscription."

Today, it's up by 200 more subscriptons.

Apparently this is what's called "system latency." THese are subscriptions I must have had for several months..and they're only being credited to my account now?

My Kindle Blog Report has jumped up by 100 subscriptions, my Weight Loss Without Tears blog has also jumped up by 100 subscriptions (give or take one or two), all again without benefit of that intervening trial subscription.

I had blogged a couple of months ago about how half my subs vanished - when it came time to pay me for them, but not on the "daily report" - but had returned by the next reporting period.

Now I'm being given anywhere from 500 to 200 extra subscriptions that I must have had all along.

But...what can you do?

It's the uncertainty I don't like. For all I know they can take these subs away from me tomorrow and say, "Oh, it was just a glitch in the program" = which it may well be. I wouldn't be surprised.

I won't know until i get the actual monthy report, for Feb, anyway. If these sub numbers are correct for March, I should get a healthy piece of change in April...

But the amount of money I should have been paid and wasn't for the last two months at least...kind of annoying.

On the other hand (I have so many hands) it's money I wouldn't be making if Amazon wasn't offering this service, so I always have to temper my complaints - because these blogs make nothing on the "outside" = it's all due to kindle income.

No comments:

Post a Comment