URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Monday, February 6, 2012

You Must Have Your Book Professionally Edited

A few days ago I told a story on myself - how I'd uploaded my Scrabble book to the Nook...then discovered that the Nook does not use "Page Break" to do its page breaks, but rather "Section: New Page". While I was going over the book changing that, I discovered several errors - inept errors.

I can not believe that I uploaded a book which had that many inept errors...but I did it.

It was because I was too impatient.

I am a professional editor and proofreader as well as a writer...so I just told myself that I would write - and proofread and edit - at the same time.

That's not possible and I should have known it.

What I should have done was set the book aside for a couple of days, then returned to it with fresh eyes and my "proofing and editing" hat on.

One guy who writes his own books sends the completed manuscript to three proofers. And, according to him, each of these proofers finds different mistakes.

Proofreaders and editors can be found on Elance, and doubtless on other sites as well. Or there might even be a writer's group in your own area, from whom you can find someone who is a proofreader.

Do not do what I did! Have your book proofed and edited before uploading it - or you will most definitely regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment