URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Saturday, September 3, 2011

There's always something...

It's 3 days in to September and I have yet to receive my August 31 payment (which covers monies earned in July.) Not only haven't I received the payment but I haven't received the report.

I emailed customer service and someone from India - where Customer service is located, of course, who confirmed I had $240 coming, and would try to find out why it had yet to arrive.

While $240 is a nice sum, it is a disappointing one. My blog subs have fallen off in the last two months. At one point I had climbed up to earning $300 a month, and thought I'd be going even higher...but instead I've been dropping.

Disappointing.

I also had a little contretemps with my Whose Body book... I blogged about this. I had tried to update the descriptive text to add in my two science fiction books (which aren't selling at all) and nothing ever happened, so I hit "republish" expecting that that would do the trick. But instead it flagged something and Amazon removed the book for a whole week while trying to determine if it was Public Domain or not.

Well, it was Public Domain - there are 6 other Whose Body books on offer on the Kindle - mine the only one that is annotated. But finally they put it back up, and then no one was buying it - although I didn't lose my place in the rankings of those books so I'm assuming it was because it was the week before school was supposed to start and everyone was busy with final vacations.

I now seem to be back up to snuff, getting at least one purchase a day - of Whose Body.

But as I have blogged before, Amazon has made it very difficult to sell blog subscriptions - there used to be a Blog Subscription label on the Kindle stripe - that is now gone. So no people new to Kindle will even know that blogs exist and can be subscribed to!

And as far as books - we can no longer post adverts about them on the message boards. Worse than that, we can't even put a URL in our signature pointing people toward our books. According to Amazon, this is "shameless self promotion." a phrase that irritates me no end.



_______________
Subscribe to our other blogs on Kindle:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment