URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Friday, November 5, 2010

Needs must when the devil vomits into your teacup

As Blackaddder used to say.

A couple of weeks ago I published my first full-length novel, The Lady and the Tiger Moth (under the pseudonym Caroline Miniscule.) Reaction? Nil.

Two people have bought it - but only because they were Kindle publishers who presumably wanted to see what a graphic novel on Kindle looked like.

I posted the news of the event in various Kindle-centric message boards, to no response.

I had priced the book at $4.99, because I had had to pay an illustrator $750 to create the initial 30 strips that I used to open the book, and I thought a $3.00 royalty on each book sold was fair.

But no one bought it.

So I decided what the hell, since no one was buying it, make it really cheap. A 30 cent royalty was better than no royalty.

So I tried to drop the price of the book down to 99 cents, so I could submit it to all these Kindle blogs that rave on about free and 99 cent books on the Kindle, but for some reason I couldn't, the lowest they'd let me drop it down to as $1.99.

So, that'll be the price in a couple of days when the price change takes effect. I'll only make 30 cents royalty, but now at least maybe someone will buy it.


_______________
Subscribe to our other blogs on Kindle:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment