URLS

Publish your ebooks on Kindle at Amazon's Digital Text Platform
Publish your blogs on Kindle at Kindle Publishing for Blogs

Sunday, August 19, 2012

God I hate Amazon

Way back...last year I think, I started a thread on the Kindle message boards "Have you published a Non-fiction book? Tell us about it."

This was before Amazon decided that they'd let people publish their books to Kindle, but not let them tell anyone about it. "No  "shameless self-promotion."  I can't tell you how angry that phrase makes me.

I write books - good books. I have nothing to be ashamed about.

And how the hell are people going to know about my books if I'm not allowed to tell them - in a forum that people with Kindles read?

So today, some poor schmuck posts in that thread.... and some bitch named Topsy says, "You've all been reported to Amazon for breaking their rules."

I had that thread "tracked" so received a notice about it, so I go there and vent.

And five or six brainless airheads there get on my case - why do you think you deserve free advertising. Read the rules.

Idiots.

And of course they're getting instant action. All the prior posts in the thread are being deleted by Amazon. God forbid anyone should be able to advertise their books there.

I'm so mad I could spit.

No comments:

Post a Comment